Speech and Language Camps
We are now accepting registrations for March Break Speech and Language Camp to be held at our London site, 1828 Blue Heron Drive, unit 13.
To register, please call: 519-680-3770
When is the camp?
- Monday, March 11 to Friday, March 15, 2019
- Start time: 9 am. Finish time: 4:00 pm
What does each child get?
- Daily 30-minute private therapy session with a Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Daily 2.5-3 hour group therapy with a Communicative Disorders Assistant.
- Functional activities targeting specific speech, language, literacy, and/or social communication goals as determined jointly by the parent and Speech-Language Pathologist.
Eligibility criteria and limitations:
- A speech and/or language impairment or delay that has been identified by a Speech-Language Pathologist within 2 months of camp start day. Children who have not received a recent evaluation by a Speech-Language Pathologist must have one completed with one of our Speech-Language Pathologists before the start of camp.
- If a child has a specific diagnosis, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, or Down Syndrome, where behavioural challenges may present themselves in a group learning environment, the child must be accompanied by a caregiver or support person responsible for implementing behaviour management strategies. Other professionals or para-professionals, such as ABA instructor-therapists, are welcome to support clients at our camps, regardless of affiliation (public or private service). This criterion is in place for the safety of all.
- Age range: 5-9 years old. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Registration is limited to 5 children per camp group and is on a first come, first served basis. You must pay the full registration fee for camp to secure a spot for your child. Once registration is full, we will create a waitlist for a second group.
The morning is for therapy!
- Most children can only sustain focussed attention to difficult tasks for a limited time. Additionally, much energy will be devoted by each camper to the intensive one-one therapy session they receive with the Speech-Language Pathologist. We feel that children would benefit far more from a short, intensive therapy block in the morning.
The afternoon is for play and social skills!
- The afternoons of each full day will be spent at Kidscape getting our play on! Therapy targets will continue to be addressed while the children engage in gross motor play.
- $600 per week. Includes a daily snack prepared as part of a therapy activity with the children and a snack purchased at Kidscape. Daily Kidscape entry fee is included in camp fee.
- Camp fees will be billed as “Therapy” on receipts and are therefore reimbursable by health benefits insurance.
- As per our customary fee schedule, initial assessment by a Speech-Language Pathologist is $130/hour. This is required if the child has not been evaluated by a Speech-Language Pathologist within 2 months of camp start.
- Fees are refundable only if we have to cancel camp for any reason. We will make every effort to notify parents of any cancellations no later than two weeks from the first day of camp. Otherwise, fees are non-refundable.